As a graduate of the April School for the Work in LA, I am bursting with enthusiasm to share The Work. I had the opportunity last weekend to give a 40 minute introduction to 120 women gathered for the national convention (16th anniversary) of the Women's Federation for World Peace, of which I'm a district leader.
The title of the convention, held in NJ, was "Securing Peace Through a Culture of Heart". I'm grateful to that organization for building my presentation into the program. Even in those few minutes, many of the women told me they could see how "awesome" the Work can be.
My presentation on The Work went like this:
- A few words on how The Work is a revolutionary process.
- We listened to a beautiful love song.
- All filled out Judge Your Neighbor Worksheets, which each woman read to a partner.
- The "I Know Mind", the "Heart Mind", and how the questions are an invitation for the heart to answer (I love that part!)
- How to isolate a thought.
- As a group, the audience answered the 4 questions around the one-liner "people should listen to me".
- Demonstration of facilitation with an audience member asking me the 4 questions.
- Partners facilitated each other, using the little yellow cards.
- Audience commented how they found the inquiry experience to be "calming, empowering, etc."
- Gave information about the website, books, other resources.
I'm so happy to have been able to share this gift, and my hope is that many of the women will learn to enjoy the amazing benefits of The Work. I'm attaching a few pictures. Thank you, Katie!